- most distros that are posix-compliant. currently using centos7 with
- Apache 2.4.x
- Postgresql 9.x, but may work with 8.x
- PHP 5.4.x or above
- PEAR (for list of modules, see INSTALL file)
- make note of the license for this software, contained in COPYING
- make note of information in the INSTALL.txt file.
- if upgrading from a previous snapshot, check the UPGRADE.txt file for
- bbsengine requires PEAR. this should not be a problem for modern
distributions of PHP, including the default rpms for redhat8 and above.
- bbsengine has been tested and works perfectly with apache 2.0.x, which is the
default for redhat8 and above.
- smarty templates
. be sure to create a templates_c directory, and permission it
appropriately, meaning the gid of the webserver has write permission).
- database engines other than postgresql are not supported
- note that there is an "htaccess" file in the "html" directory that you
should look at for some examples of possible mod_rewrite rules, but their
use is *not* strictly necessary.
- this code is not perfect. if you have ideas, suggestions, or patches and
you are constructrive, please contact me.
- for the most part everything that is output to the browser is via a
smarty3 template. the only thing that is in the php that might need to be
modified/translated are the error messages. I don't currently have a good
way to solve this other than a file with translation strings.
. irc: jonez on oftc and freenode